At the Marcus Lewis Tennis Center, we truly believe that tennis is for everyone. Whether younger or older, beginner or advanced, rich or not-so-rich, we are here to serve “everyone.”
In our modern world, it is amazing how far technology has come yet we often shake our heads at the poor service we typically receive. A professional approach towards customers appears as though it should be common sense, however this is seldom the case. Whether it is returning a phone call within a 24-hour period or following up on a client’s request, this should always take top priority. At our facility, it does.
With regard to tennis instruction, players are looking for guidance from instructors with the experience and knowledge to help them further their game. It is also very easy to receive inaccurate information that will hinder a player’s progress and prevent them from achieving their goals. As many players have experienced, instruction from tennis pros at the same facility does not always equate to consistent information.
All instructors at The MLTC have been tutored under a uniform system so that the information players receive is accurate. The techniques employed by our pros are exceptionally effective at giving players both an understanding of their strokes as well as the ability to execute them.
The hub for MLTC programs is in Acton where we have not one, but TWO tennis clubs.
MLTC East is the primary facility with 6 permanent indoor hard courts and four outdoor hard courts. The building features state-of-the-art LED illumination, stellar court-viewing and a small function room for team events and parties. The environment is kept clean through constant maintenance.
Located just four minutes away is MLTC West which boast the nicest hard courts in the area that are protected from the winter elements under a seasonal dome. Likewise, lighting is next-generation LED technology that provide phenomenal illumination across the four courts. The West courts are the only courts in the area that are painted in the style of the Miami and Dubai open using the purple/green color scheme that offer the best visual contrast to the human eye. The paint was more expensive than the common options, but it was worth it.
Tennis and athletic clubs are often notorious for moving slowly with the times; however the MLTC is always using the latest technology to create the most advanced environment possible:
- Players are able to register for their membership and book their courts directly online. No need to spend time calling the front desk! All programs can also be paid through a convenient club account via credit card.
- The MLTC helped develop the cutting edge court recording video platform of PlayViewTennis. This is a training feature that can accelerate anyone’s learning ability exponentially.
- Members of MLTC East have access to our Playmate Deuce ball machine. The Deuce is one of the most sophisticated and powerful machines on the market with variable programming, 90MPH ball feeding and remote on/off.
- Both MLTC clubs are under 24/7 real-time video surveillance for your safety.
- Extremely popular multi-divisional leagues are run using the Universal Tennis Rating system platform (UTR) that has become the standard at every premium tennis club and academy in the world. The MLTC currently has the second-highest UTR membership of any club in New England! Click here to read more if you are not familiar with UTR.
If you are looking for an environment where your children can train, regardless of whether they are beginners or nationally ranked juniors, you may wish to read an open letter from the owner, Marcus Lewis, describing his background and the development of the junior program here at the MLTC.
After only a few years of having indoor courts starting in 2013, the program was posting its first USTA junior champions. Although such quick results were impressive to some, it was another day at the office to the staff. A number of MLTC instructors have had both domestic and international acclaim spanning decades for their teaching prowess and their student successes. Some MLTC instructors have become masters of specific disciplines while others draw from their experience of having played professionally. We recommend that parents visit our staff page and view the backgrounds of our pros. Combining a staff of that caliber with the resources of a 14-court enterprise, the MLTC provides an unparalleled training environment for even the most dedicated players.
Visit our page on junior lessons to see what we can offer to an 8 year-old beginner who wants to learn the game or to an 18 year-old high school star who thinks he/she has what it takes to eventually earn ATP points.
For our adult clientele, the MLTC has countless programs to choose from:
- Mixed gender singles flex leagues
- Weekday women’s morning DBH doubles team league play
- Weekend men’s/women’s CMITA singles/doubles league play
- Weeknight men’s/women’s USTA singles/doubles league play
- In-house “Challenger Series” doubles leagues
- Friday night mixed doubles
- Instructional clinics
- Private lessons
The success of the MLTC with beginners and advanced players as well as juniors and adults has not been the result of luck or from having had any sort of unique advantage. It was simply from working harder, working smarter and doing things better.