Ultimate Tennis Camp (UTC) was a concept started in 1997 at a small facility called The Heritage Swim and Tennis Club in Concord, Massachusetts.
UTC operates out of our MLTC East location at 10 Granite Road in Acton. Campers play outdoors during the nice weather. However, during inclement weather or when temperatures and humidity are dangerously high, players are moved inside to our indoor courts that are substantially cooler.
UTC begins and ends with one simple premise: to have fun. Although that seems obvious, it is not always the case when a beginning or intermediate level player is practicing hitting backhands in the hot, summer sun. Unfortunately, the reality is that for many players, they become bored.
At UTC, the kids are motivated in two unique ways. First, when players succeed at an activity by either hitting a cone or making a basket, they receive points. These points are then used to buy things such as cans of tennis balls, water bottles, candy, etc. Because of how the camp is structured and handicapped, ALL of the campers no matter what their level, earn enough points to make purchases.
The second motivator is the types of activities that the kids engage in. There are numerous games and exercises which are fun and challenging for the campers to participate in.
Age and Skill Level
The program is designed so that a younger and less experienced player has just as much of a chance to win points as an older participant. Even if your child has never held a racquet before, this is a fantastic medium in which to start them. Only players holding rankings in the USTA (United States Tennis Association) are prohibited from participating due to level restrictions. If you have a child who you feel is too advanced for this camp and would be interested in more match play, then you may be interested in our Junior Training Camp.
UTC is generally for boys and girls ages 6-12. As for level, kids are separated onto different courts relative to their age and skill level.
UTC will run during the following weeks of 2022:
Week 1: June 20 - June 24
Week 4: July 11 - July 15
Week 7: August 1 - August 5
Week 2: June 27 - July 1
Week 5: July 18- July 22
Week 8: August 8 - August 12
Week 3: July 5 - July 8
Week 6: July 25- July 29
Week 9: August 15- August 19
Week 10: August 22 - August 26
9:00-1:00 – $395/week
2:00-5:00 – $295/week
9:00-5:00 – $650/week
Extended Day – 8:00-9:00 $55/wk
8:00-9:00 & 5:00-6:00 $99/wk
Please register through the link below. You will first make an account (no membership is required) and then choose the option for “Ultimate Tennis Camp.” For more information contact our Registrar Renee Giordano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Wear and Bring to Camp
- Your child should wear athletic or tennis apparel to camp. Since camp is outdoors, clothing that wicks the sweat is always good. Sneakers are a must. A hat or visor also helps protect from the sun.
- We ask you to apply sunscreen before camp to maximize it’s effectiveness and save time at camp.
- Your child should bring a racket if he/she has one, but don’t worry if he/she doesn’t, as we have many to loan. Our pros are always happy to help your family with the correct sizing, too.
- Your child should bring a full water bottle with them. Staying hydrated is critically important. We have refill stations throughout the club and the pros are constantly reinforcing the need to drink.
- We do not serve food but we do offer freeze pops on hot days.
- While we are not a nut free facility, we do ask and encourage you to avoid bringing foods with nuts due to the number of campers with allergies.
- If you are attending the morning session (9:00-1:00), you should bring a couple of healthy snacks or a light lunch.
- If you are attending the full day session (9:00-5:00), several snacks along with a healthy lunch are needed.
- If you are attending the afternoon session (2:00-5:00), a healthy snack for a mid-session break is a good idea.
- If your child’s lunch needs to be kept cold, we do have a refrigerator available.
Per the Department of Health, you may contact us for copies of our background check, health care and discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances.