MLTC’s Advanced Tennis Camp (ATC) is a step above the MLTC’s Junior Training Camp and is designed for juniors between 11 and 17 years of age. The goal of this program is to help more advanced junior players refine their game for competition in junior high, high school, junior tournaments and beyond.
ATC is primarily for our JTP level players who are willing to work hard and push themselves to the next level. Registration in this program is contingent on approval of our Director of Junior Development. Ratios are kept low and attention to detail is high. Players do not just “hit” balls. They are coached to improve their techniques, ball control, footwork, fitness level, tactics and match play. The goal of ATC is to help players develop their potential while also increasing each player’s level of confidence in their abilities.
ATC morning session 9:00-1:00 is held at the MLTC East and is a “Shine Only” camp (cancelled for rain) while the ATC afternoon session 2:00-5:00 is held at the MLTC East.
Please contact our Director of Junior Development to first secure approval if you are interested in this program by sending him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATC will run during the following weeks of 2022:
Week 1: June 20 - June 24
Week 4: July 11 - July 15
Week 7: August 1 - August 5
Week 2: June 27 - July 1
Week 5: July 18 - July 22
Week 8: August 8 - August 12
Week 3: July 5 - July 8
Week 6: July 25 - July 29
Week 9: August 15 - August 19
Week 10: August 22 - August 26
9:00-1:00 – $395/week
2:00-5:00 – $295/week
Extended Day – 8:00-9:00 $55/wk
Please register through the link below. You will first make an account (no membership is required) and then choose the option for “Advanced Training Camp.” For more information contact our Registrar Renee Giordano at email@example.com.
What to Wear and Bring to Camp
- Your child should wear athletic or tennis apparel to camp. Since camp is outdoors, clothing that wicks the sweat is always good. Sneakers are a must. A hat or visor also helps protect from the sun.
- We ask you to apply sunscreen before camp to maximize it’s effectiveness and save time at camp.
- Your child should bring a racket if he/she has one, but don’t worry if he/she doesn’t, as we have many to loan. Our pros are always happy to help your family with the correct sizing, too
- Your child should bring a full water bottle with them. Staying hydrated is critically important. We have refill stations throughout the club and the pros are constantly reinforcing the need to drink.
- We do not serve food but we do offer freeze pops on hot days.
- A healthy snack for a mid-session break is a good idea. While we are not a nut free facility, we do ask and encourage you to avoid bringing foods with nuts due to the number of campers with allergies.
- If your child’s lunch needs to be kept cold, we do have a refrigerator available.
Per the Department of Health, you may contact us for copies of our background check, health care and discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances.