MLTC’s Advanced Tennis Camp (ATC) is a step above the MLTC’s Junior Training Camp and is designed for juniors between 11 and 17 years of age. The goal of this program is to help more advanced junior players refine their game for competition in junior high, high school, junior tournaments and beyond.
ATC is primarily for our JTP/Masters level players who are willing to work hard and push themselves to the next level. Registration in this program is contingent on approval of our Director of Junior Development. Ratios are kept low and attention to detail is high. Players do not just “hit” balls. They are coached to improve their techniques, ball control, footwork, fitness level, tactics and match play. The goal of ATC is to help players develop their potential while also increasing each player’s level of confidence in their abilities.
ATC is held at the MLTC East location where we have four outdoor courts and six indoor courts in the event of inclement weather or extreme temperatures. ATC sessions run 2 pm to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
Please contact our Director of Junior Development to first secure approval if you are interested in this program by sending him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were your children registered for a clinic from September through our forced closure due to COVID-19 on March 24th? This means all JTP/Masters players! If so, they qualify for a 50% discount on 1 week of our half-day camp! Let our registrar, Joanne, know when you sign up!
ATC will run during the following weeks of 2020:
Week 1: June 22 - June 26
Week 4: July 13 - July 17
Week 7: August 3 - August 7
Week 2: June 29 - July 3
Week 5: July 20 - July 24
Week 8: August 10 - August 14
Week 3: July 6 - July 10
Week 6: July 27 - July 31
Week 9: August 17 - August 21
Week 10: August 24 - August 28
2:00-5:00 – $275/week OR $1,650 for 6-10 weeks*
Extended Day – 8:00-9:00 $55/wk
*That’s correct! For the cost of 6 weeks of camp, you can enroll your child into 6, 7, 8, 9 or all 10 weeks! Restrictions do apply:
- Cannot be combined with the free week offer.
- Must be paid in full by June 14th.
- Changes to weeks attending cannot be made less than 7 days prior to a registered week (i.e. we need at least 7 days’ notice if a player decides not to attend a week that he/she is registered for. Affects staffing).
- Full weeks’ payment required for any no-shows or late cancellations.
Please register through the link below. You will first make an account (no membership is required) and then choose the option for “Advanced Training Camp.” For more information contact our Registrar Joanne Crawley at email@example.com.
What to Wear and Bring to Camp
- Your child should wear athletic or tennis apparel to camp. Since camp is outdoors, clothing that wicks the sweat is always good. Sneakers are a must. A hat or visor also helps protect from the sun.
- We ask you to apply sunscreen before camp to maximize it’s effectiveness and save time at camp.
- Your child should bring a racket if he/she has one, but don’t worry if he/she doesn’t, as we have many to loan. Our pros are always happy to help your family with the correct sizing, too
- Your child should bring a full water bottle with them. Staying hydrated is critically important. We have refill stations throughout the club and the pros are constantly reinforcing the need to drink.
- We do not serve food but we do offer freeze pops on hot days.
- A healthy snack for a mid-session break is a good idea. While we are not a nut free facility, we do ask and encourage you to avoid bringing foods with nuts due to the number of campers with allergies.
- If your child’s lunch needs to be kept cold, we do have a refrigerator available.
Per the Department of Health, you may contact us for copies of our background check, health care and discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances.