Junior Training Camp (JTC) is designed for juniors between 10 and 17 years of age who are looking for a camp experience that focuses on preparation for tennis competition in junior high, high school, college and beyond.
Ratios are kept low and attention to detail is high. Players do not just “hit” balls. They are instructed and their techniques are refined. We encourage players to try other summer tennis camps and compare then to the MLTC’s Junior Training Camp. We are the only program that will guarantee the quality. If our camp is not where the player improves the most, it’s a full refund.
JTC is held at the MLTC East location where we have four outdoor courts and six indoor courts in the event of inclement weather or extreme temperatures.
From 9:00-1:00 and/or 2:00-5:00 Monday through Friday, players are taken through a program that is customized to their needs. Because the groups are small and we have the available court space, players can work every aspect of their game under the supervision of a professional. Footwork, stroke mechanics, strategy and advanced techniques are covered during the session.
Above all, the JTC is designed to increase a player’s level of confidence in his or her abilities regardless of level. Our requirement for this program is not any particular skill level, but a desire to learn and improve one’s skills and proficiency in the game of tennis.
JTC will run during the following weeks of 2018:
June 25 - June 29
July 16 - July 20
August 6 - August 10
July 2 - July 6
July 23 - July 27
August 13 - August 17
July 9 - July 13
July 30 - August 3
August 20 - August 24
9:00am-1:00pm – $375/week
2:00pm-5:00pm – $275/week
9:00am-5:00pm – $599/week
8:00 am-9:00 am $55/wk
5:00 pm-6:00 pm $50/wk
8:00 am-9:00 am & 5:00 pm-6:00 pm $99/wk
Please register through the link below. You will first make an account (no membership is required) and then choose the option for “Junior Training Camp.”
What to Wear and Bring to Camp
- Your child should wear athletic or tennis apparel to camp. Since camp is outdoors, clothing that wicks the sweat is always good. Sneakers are a must. A hat or visor also helps protect from the sun.
- We ask you to apply sunscreen before camp to maximize it’s effectiveness and save time at camp.
- Your child should bring a racket if he/she has one, but don’t worry if he/she doesn’t, as we have many to loan. Our pros are always happy to help your family with the correct sizing, too
- Your child should bring a full water bottle with them. Staying hydrated is critically important. We have refill stations throughout the club and the pros are constantly reinforcing the need to drink.
- We do not serve food but we do offer freeze pops on hot days.
- While we are not a nut free facility, we do ask and encourage you to avoid bringing foods with nuts due to the number of campers with allergies.
- If you are attending the morning session (9:00-1:00), you should bring a couple of healthy snacks or a light lunch.
- If you are attending the full day session (9:00-5:00), several snacks along with a healthy lunch are needed.
- If you are attending the afternoon session (2:00-5:00), a healthy snack for a mid-session break is a good idea.
- If your child’s lunch needs to be kept cold, we do have a refrigerator available.
Per the Department of Health, you may contact us for copies of our background check, health care and discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances.